Vision needs change over time. These needs evolve as our habits change, so the lens industry has had to adapt.
These days, you hear more and more talk about UV rays and blue light and the potential harm they can do to our eyes and to our vision.
But how exactly do we see light?
400 nm, and can be divided into three ranges (i.e. UVA, UVB and UVC) based on their biologicaleffects.
and permanent and can affect the cornea, the crystalline lens, the iris, the retina, and relatedconjunctival and epithelial tissue:
- Dry eye and oxidative reactions of the conjunctiva
- Yellowing and loss of transparency of the crystalline lens
- Damage to the cornea
This is why, just as we should protect our skin with sunscreen even on a cloudy day, it’s a good idea to use lens filters that protect our eyes from 100% of the potentially harmful UV rays, such as our NoUV 400 lenses.
Divel Italia NoUV 400 lenses are the right choice for anyone who:
• Spends a lot of time outdoors
• Needs strong corrective lenses (NoUV is available in all indexes, from 1.50 to 1.74)
• Want colored lenses for their prescription eyewear (our 1.50 index lenses are ideal for tinting)
UV protection can be added to lenses by way of various coatings (such as our Performance NoUV). The difference lies in the fact that a NoUV lens is made with a material that absorbs UV radiation on its own. Filter coatings are applied to the outside of a lens, so care needs to be taken in order to keep the filter in good condition.
Using eyewear that blocks blue light, like Divel Italia’s Blue Natural, is indispensable for anyone who:
- Spends a lot of time looking at screens (of computers, tablets, phones, TVs, etc.)
- Spends a lot of time outdoors
- Doesn’t have a particular need for corrective lenses but wants protection when using a computer (Blue Natural is also available as a neutral filter)
So how do you pick between a NoUV or Blue Natural lens?
It’s easy. Blue Natural protects against both UV rays and blue light, whereas NoUV alone is not enough if you spend a lot of time at a computer.
👍Blue Natural is right for:
- People who work in an office or in front of screens, such as engineers, bank workers, doctors, graphic designers, photographers, lawyers, social media influencers, and anyone who spends a lot of time using a computer or playing video games.
👍NoUV is right for:
- People who work outdoors or in open spaces, such as restaurant staff, construction workers, landscapers, architects, drivers, fuel-service workers, waste-management workers, postal workers, and anyone who loves outdoor activities like running, cycling, or hiking.